Rainbows And Storms: My Story Of Homophobic Discrimination

 


 Rainbows And Storms: My Story Of Homophobic Discrimination

In 1988 I started working at a very popular seafood dive, the kind where the line stretched out the door. I became fast friends with a girl there named Jennifer. Jennifer was Irish Catholic and had 3 brothers and parents that were still married and the entire family looked IRISH.

I loved Jenn. we had some great times, we went down the shore and to Syosset NY, we hung out 3 times a week.

I was having so much FUN.

Jenns parents LOVED me. I was a GOOD GIRL to THEM (but bad to my own mom)

One week I started not getting calls from Jenn.... I tried to call her several times and her mom always said she wasnt at home or sleeping.

I drove over to her house and her mom told me Jenn was in her room.

I went up to her room and Jenn was curled up in a ball in her bed in the dark, under her duvet. I asked her why she hadnt called me in a few weeks and I cant remember what she told me, but she did NOT tell me the truth that day and over a few months she just killed off the friendship. She made it seem like she was just tired lately.

The last time she called me, she called to ask me if I had bought Madonna's SEX book and if she could see it. I brought it to her house and she had her cousin Carrie with her and they all looked at it and then said they had to go to a family function and I left.

1 or 2 yrs goes by with no contact and I cant recall who I spoke to about the friendship dying, but someone told me that the reason Jenn didnt wanna be my friend anymore was because, basically I had told my boyfriend TED (mentioned elsewhere in my book) about my sexual relationship with my best friend Tina (mentioned elsewhere) and he blabbed to everyone at the Seafood Restaurant. And now Jenn is freaked out that I am according to her, a lesbian....

By that time I had bought my first house and was living on my own with my ex Ricky. I was very very very hurt.

I sent Jenn a letter telling her that I now know the truth and I am very hurt by her and:

"I never once was attracted to you in any way. I prefer dark hair and olive skin women, who have fiery personalities......You are a blonde with fair skin and I cant stand your BIG SLOPPY TITS"
Mean? YES. deserved, YES.

One rainy fall day, the doorbell rings and its Jenn. LOLOLOLOL

She is there with my letter and guess what? She isnt upset by the letter or lying to me about the WHY.... No, shes outraged that I dont find her attractive and especially about my Big Sloppy Tits comments!

Bigoted uneducated people who know nothing about human sexuality or gay people are HILARIOUS! They always do dumb shit... They get all worked up about gay people but as soon as you tell them you arent attracted to them they get all upset.

ONE more time. never once during my friendship to Jenn, was I ever ever attracted to her. Not even a little bit. I still dont like big sloppy tits.

.......oh and her ass was so flat too. No, just no.

Comments

Popular Posts